In today’s competitive job market, employers are seeking to hire graduates that are highly specialized and well trained. You can’t afford to waste your time with an education that wont help you get the job you want. At Centennial College, all our programs are geared for success.
As part of your program, you will not only learn how to use the latest cutting edge tools, but you will also learn how to apply the latest principles from business professionals. To compliment your classroom learning, you will also get hands-on experience in the labs.
Centennial’s staff not only believe in providing students with the best teaching experience possible, but also to offer the best guidance and career advice.
Program Overview :
The Broadcasting + Film program will prepare you with both the creative and technical skills youll need for film, television and radio. Creating new and original story ideas, youll learn how to manage the creative production and development process to realize your unique creative vision. Film Producer Training and Television Broadcasting Training offered at Centennial College empowers students to carve a career in films and broadcasting.
In this program you will :
* Develop a balance between the artistic and commercial aspects of the industry and become exposed to a variety of industry practices and players.
* Be placed directly in the action with the schools unique HDTV broadcasting studios and the Centennial College Wallace studios, where youll build your skills and creative talents at a professional level.
* Spend 15 weeks in a full-time industry field placement.
* Participate in Student Films and TV, as well as the JOURNAL, a student-produced newsmagazine TV show that airs live and online.
Admission Requirements :
Centennial College expects students applying for admission to certificate or diploma programs to present at minimum an Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD) or equivalent or be 19 years of age or older. Possession of minimum admission requirements does not guarantee admission to the program.
Academic Requirements :
* Compulsory English 12C or U (minimum grade required), or skills assessment, or equivalent.
Non-Academic Requirements :
* Program admission session
* Writing test
* English proficiency will be considered in the admissions process
* As part of the admission requirements, you will be required to present a portfolio of work. You portfolio must:
* Include, either in writing or on-screen, the role you played in each submitted work
* Be labelled as “Broadcasting and Film” and include your name, address, phone number and e-mail address
* Demonstrate your skill and ability to tell a story using two of the following
* Video tape/ DVD
* Audio tape/ CD/ Mini disc
* Digital Images
* Photographic Prints
* Scripted material in any format that was used or designed for an audio or audio/ visual production
Placement Requirements :
* Students are responsible for obtaining their own field placement.